The RPT-485_422-2 is a multi-function, compact, rugged, industrial-grade RS485 repeater / extender, RS422 repeater / extender or RS485 to RS422 converter, which can be used to extend the RS485 or RS422 distance to up to 4000 ft (1.2km), or to convert a two-wire RS-485 signal into a four-wire RS-422 signal, and vice versa. This industrial RS422 / RS485 repeater / extender / converter operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV static protection. The device is powered from an external 5V DC regulated power supply (included), and it supports data direction auto-turnaround. Therefore, it requires no software drivers or flow control, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device and an ideal solution for all types of installations.
- Industrial RS485 / RS422 repeater / extender / converter.
- Converts 2-wire RS485 to 4-wire RS422 and vice versa.
- Extends RS485 or RS422's distance to up to 4000ft (1.2km).
- External 5V DC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- No software drivers or flow controls required.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-485 and RS-422 standard|
|Power Source:||+5V DC (±5%) Regulated Power Supply (included)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 30mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||Up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Connectors:||2x DB-9 Male Connectors; 2x Termination Boards: DB-9 Female and a 6-Way Terminal Block|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 4.6 in (16 x 32 x 118 mm) (with termination boards)|
|Weight:||2.0 oz (57 g) (with termination boards)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|