The MSW-1208 is a rugged, fan-less, industrial-grade, managed 10/100M Ethernet switch (layer 2) to fiber optic media converter that supports daisy-chain or redundant-ring fiber optic links. The MSW-1208 supports up to 255 fiber nodes, and each fiber node can extend the 10/100M Ethernet’s distance to 25 miles (40km) for single-mode converters and cables, or 1.2 miles (2km) for multi-mode converters and cables. Depending on the site situation, the MSW-1208 can be configured as a daisy-chain or a self-healing/redundant ring fiber network. When configured as a ring fiber network, the built-in self-healing feature allows the data to be transmitted clockwise or counterclockwise; therefore, failure of any individual converter will not affect other devices located on the same fiber ring, making the entire data network more robust and reliable. The unit also features redundant power supplies and “link down” and “broadcast storm” alarm outputs for uninterrupted system performance and easy maintenance. The MSW-1208 runs on a light-speed fiber backbone inherently resistant to radio and electrical interference, such as EMI/RFI, transient surges and ground loops, and it overcomes the limitations of conventional point-to-point fiber network and dramatically expands the Ethernet data network in terms of distance, flexibility, and reliability. The MSW-1208 is back by our 5-year replacement warranty.
- Rugged industrial-grade 10/100M Managed Ethernet Switch (layer 2) to multi-drop fiber optic converter.
- Daisy-chain or self-healing/redundant ring fiber network (recovery time < 20ms).
- Managed 10/100M Ethernet switch (layer 2) with 6 nos. of RJ45 Ethernet ports.
- Designed for harsh industrial environments.
- Direct DIN-Rail mounting without using any unsecured brackets or adapters.
- Supports VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping, Spanning Tree Protocol and other network protocols.
- Manageable via Console, SNMP, Web, Telnet, and CLI.
- Supports up to 255 fiber nodes with ST, SC or FC fiber optic connectors.
- Full redundant power supply and fiber network with link down/broadcast storm alarm output.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Compliances: CE, FCC, RoHS
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Part Number:||MSW-1208 (MM/SC)
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3 10Base-T; IEEE802.3u 100Base-TX / 100Base-FX; IEEE802.3x Flow Control; IEEE802.1ab; IEEE802.1d Spanning Tree Protocol; IEEE802.1w Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol; IEEE802.1q VLAN Tagging; IEEE802.1p Class of Service; IEEE802.1x Port Based Network Access Control|
|Power Source:||24VDC/Less than 8W|
|Ethernet Switch Type:||Managed/Layer 2|
STP/RSTP, Static Multicasting, IGMP, GMRP, SNMP, Port Mirroring, Web, Telnet, CLI
|Maximum Number of Fiber Nodes:||255|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Single-mode: 8.3 / 125, 8.7 / 125, 9 / 125, 10 / 125µm
Multi-mode: 50 / 125, 62.5 / 125µm
|Distance (Ethernet):||328ft (100m)|
|Distance (Fiber):||Multi-mode: 1.2 miles (2km) per fiber node;
Single-mode: 25 miles (40km) per fiber node
|Connectors (Ethernet):||6x RJ45|
|Connectors (Console - RS232):||1x RJ45|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||4x ST, 4x SC, or 4x FC Connectors|
|Connectors (Power):||6-way terminal block (2x V1 power, 2x V2 power, 2x Alarm)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||6.1 x 4.7 x 2.1 in (154 x 120 x 53 mm) - excluding fiber optic connectors|
|Weight:||1.5 lb (700 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||5% to 95% RH (no condensation)|