ETHERNET TO FIBER OPTIC MEDIA CONVERTER
INDUSTRIAL 10/100M ETHERNET TO FIBER OPTIC MEDIA CONVERTER
The FBR-Ethernet-2 is a rugged, industrial-grade 10/100M Ethernet to fiber optic media converter, which provides one channel for media conversion between 10/100BaseTX and 100BaseFX. Besides the capability of long distance data transmission and the large carrying capacity, fiber lines are inherently resistant to EMI/RFI, lightning and transient surges; therefore, they are ideal for data communications surrounded by heavy electrical or radio interference.
This industrial Ethernet-to-Fiber-Optic converter operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV ESD static protection. It features auto-negotiation for half or full-duplex and 10 or 100Mbps data rates, and supports MDI (straight-through) and MDIX (crossover) cables, therefore, no DIP switch, jumper settings or software drivers are required, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. Depending on the fiber cable and the type of media converter used, a single-mode media converter can extend the 10/100M Ethernet distance to up to 12.4 miles (20 km), while a multi-mode media converter can extend the distance to up to 1.2 miles (2 km).
The FBR-Ethernet-2 comes with the options of ST, SC and FC connectors for fiber optic links, and, thanks to the professional and unique casing design, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel or DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail or wall-mount brackets. A separate external power supply is included in the package.
CommFront's product quality is ensured by our strict ISO 9001:2008 quality control system, and we back our high-quality Ethernet to fiber optic media converter products with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee and a 5-year replacement warranty.
FEATURES (10/100M Ethernet to Fiber Optic Media Converter)
- Converts 10 or 100M Ethernet to Optical Fiber Signals and vice versa.
- Transmits 10/100M Ethernet data over a long distance through fiber cables (Multi-mode: 1.2 miles or 2 km; Single-mode: 12.4 miles or 20 km).
- External 9 to 30V DC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Direct DIN-Rail (Rack) or Wall / Panel mounting without using unsecured brackets.
- Auto-negotiation of speed and duplex mode on TX port.
- Auto-MDIX on TX port.
- Store-and-forward mechanism.
- LED indications.
- Single or Multi-mode, with ST, SC or FC connectors.
- Supports a wide range of fiber optic cables.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-100005; SG-FCC-100002).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
SPECIFICATIONS (10/100M Ethernet Fiber Optic Media Converter)
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3 10Base-T; IEEE802.3u 100Base-TX and 100Base-FX|
|Power Source:||9 to 30V DC (External AC to DC power adapter included)|
|External AC/DC Power Adapter:||9V DC/500mA (Input: 100~240V AC 50/60Hz, US type A plug)|
|Features:||Auto-negotiation for half/full-duplex and 10/100M on TX port; Auto-MDIX on TX port|
10/20Mbps for half/full-duplex;
100BaseT: 100/200Mbps for half/full-duplex
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Multi-mode: 50/125, 62.5/125µm
Single-mode: 8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125, 10/125µm
|Distance (Ethernet):||10BaseT: Cat.
3, 4, 5 up to 328ft (100m);
100BaseT: Cat. 5 up to 328ft (100m)
|Distance (Fiber Lines):||Multi-mode: 1.2 miles (2km);
Single-mode: 12.4 miles (20km)
|Connectors (Ethernet/Power):||RJ45 (Female) / Terminal Block (9-way)|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||2x ST, 2x SC or 2x FC Connector|
|Electro-Static Discharge (ESD):||Up to 15kV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||ST: 4.9 x 2.9
x 1.3 in (125 x 73 x 33 mm)
SC: 4.7 x 2.9 x 1.3 in (120 x 73 x 33 mm)
FC: 4.6 x 2.9 x 1.3 in (117 x 73 x 33 mm)
|Weight:||ST: 4.6 oz (130 g) / SC: 4.6 oz (129 g) / FC: 4.6 oz (129 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
CONNECTORS / TERMINAL BLOCK
Fiber Link Side
RJ45 / Terminal Block
|4,5,7,8 (Not connected)||-|
Figure 1: FBR-Ethernet-2 Connection Diagram
Figure 2: DIN-RAIL (RACK) MOUNTING
Figure 3: WALL/PANEL MOUNTING
LED INDICATIONS (FRONT VIEW)
1) Make sure the power is connected and turned on.
2) Check the connections according to the above “CONNECTIONS” diagrams.
3) Check the LED status and identify the possible problems by using the table below:
|PWR (Power)||Steady||Power On|
| LNK/ACT (TX)
(TX Port Link/Activity)
|Flashing||Transmitting or receiving data|
| LNK/ACT (FX)
(FX Port Link/Activity)
|Steady||Fiber links connected|
|Flashing||Transmitting or receiving data|
|Off||Fiber links disconnected|
|Off||Half-duplex mode or network disconnected|
|Off||10M network or network disconnected|