RS485 TO TTL CONVERTER / TTL TO RS485 CONVERTER
INDUSTRIAL RS485 TO TTL CONVERTER
Qty: 10+ $38.66
Qty: 50+ $36.51
Other Qty: Ask
The TTL-485-2 is a compact, rugged, industrial-grade, bi-directional RS485 to TTL converter, which can be used to convert 2-wire RS485 to 5V DC TTL-compatible levels and vice versa. This industrial RS485 to TTL converter supports multi-drop RS485 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 128 units of RS485 devices. It operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV static protection. The unit is powered from an external 5V DC regulated power supply (included); it supports data direction auto-turnaround, which automatically enables the RS485 transceiver when data is present on the TTL side. Therefore, it requires no software drivers or flow control, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. The built-in 120-Ohm terminator (for system reliability and easy installation) can be turned ON or OFF through a simple jumper setting, thus making the device an ideal solution for all types of installations.
CommFront's product quality is ensured by our strict ISO 9001:2008 quality control system, and we back our high-quality RS485 to TTL converter with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee and a 5-year replacement warranty. Read more: Why Choose CommFront?
FEATURES (INDUSTRIAL RS485 TTL CONVERTER)
- Converts RS485 to 5V TTL and vice versa.
- External 5VDC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 networks (up to 128 nodes).
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Plug and play (Hot-pluggable, Data format Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control is required.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
SPECIFICATIONS (INDUSTRIAL TTL RS485 CONVERTER)
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-485 standard and TTL level|
|Power Source:||+5VDC (±5%) Regulated Power Supply (included)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 30mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS485 side: Up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps; TTL side: 10ft (3m)|
|Connector:||TTL Side: DB-9 Male; RS485 Side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board (TTL): DB-9 Female and a 3-way Terminal Block; Termination Board (RS485): DB-9 Female and a 4-Way Terminal Block|
|Maximum number of drops:||128|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 4.5 in (16 x 32 x 115 mm) (with Termination Boards)|
|Weight:||1.66 oz (47 g) (with Termination Boards)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
TTL SIGNAL LEVELS
|TTL Input||TTL Output|
|High (>2.0V)||High (5.0V)|
|Low (<0.8V)||Low (0.0V)|
CONVERTER CONNECTOR / TERMINAL BLOCK PIN OUTS
|DB-9 Male Pin||1||3||5|
|Function||TTL Out||TTL In||GND|
Note: The TTL side comes with a 3-way terminal block for easy wire connections. However, you may choose not to use the terminal block provided, and simply follow the above table for pin assignments.
|DB-9 Male (view from front) / Terminal Block|
|DB-9 Male Pin||1||3||5||6,7||9|
|Function||RS485+||RS485-||GND|| Terminate/remove Jumper 120 to turn ON/OFF
Note: The RS485 side comes with a 4-way terminal block for easy wire connections. However, you may choose not to use the terminal block provided and simply follow the above table for pin assignments.
|DB-9 Male / Terminal Block (view from front)|
120 OHM END-OF-LINE JUMPER SETTINGS
Important: Turn ON Jumper 120 (120 Ohm End-Of-Line Terminator) at both ends of the RS-485 bus when the data rate is over 19.2kbps or the distance is over 660ft (200m).
Figure 1: Master-Slave Multi-Drop Connections
Figure 2: Extending TTL Distance (Half-Duplex)
1) External 5VDC power input
CAUTION: Be sure that the DC power applied to pin +5V and GND is within the range of +4.75V to +5.25V (5V ±5%). Excessive input voltage or incorrect polarity connection could damage the converter.
2) Loopback Test
- Connect two numbers of TTL-485-2 to your PC’s RS-485 COM ports and short TX and RX (TX to RX and RX to TX) on the TTL terminal blocks (as shown above).
- Run two instances of the 232Analyzer FREE version software on your computer.
- Select "ASCII" for both the Send and Receive data formats. Then send command and/or string such as "CommFront" from one COM port. You should receive an echo of the command/string sent ("CommFront") on the other COM port. By performing a simple loopback test like this, you can test both the transmitter and receiver of the converter. This is very helpful when you are in doubt about the performance of your converter.
232Analyzer is an advanced RS232 Serial Protocol Analyzer software that allows you to control, monitor and analyze serial port (RS232 / RS485 / RS422 / TTL, etc.) activities. Not just the data, it also allows you to monitor or change RS-232's line states: RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, and RI.
The FREE version (no time limitation) can be downloaded from here.