USB RS232 ADAPTER / USB RS232 CONVERTER
PORT-POWERED USB RS232 ADAPTER / USB RS232 CONVERTER
Qty: 10+ $26.96
Qty: 50+ $25.46
Other Qty: Ask
The USB-232-1 is a port-powered, bi-directional USB to RS232 adapter / USB to RS232 converter that can be used to convert any standard USB port (USB 2.0 - backward compatible) into a RS232C port and vice versa.
This high-quality, high-performance USB to RS232 converter uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 / 2000 / 98 (32-bit), Windows 8, Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux. The unit comes with a USB type A female connector on the USB side and a DB9 male connector on the RS232 side.
CommFront's product quality is ensured by our strict ISO 9001:2008 quality control system, and we back our high-quality USB RS232 converter / adapter products with a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee and a 5-year replacement warranty.
FEATURES (USB RS232 ADAPTER)
- Adds one RS-232 port to your USB port.
- 300 to 128K Baud operation (auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- RS-232 data & signals: TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, and GND..
- Supports Windows 8, Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 / 2000 / 98 (32-bit), Windows 8, Windows 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
- Supports remote wakeup and power management.
- Port-powered, no external power required.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- No IRQs required, no IRQ conflicts.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by SGS (Cert No. EM/2008/20060C; EM/2008/20061C).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
SPECIFICATIONS (USB TO RS232 CONVERTER)
|Compatibility:||USB 2.0 (backward compatible) and EIA/TIA RS-232C standard|
|Power Source:||Port power from USB port|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 100mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 128,000bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||USB side: 10ft (3m); RS232 side: 16ft (5m)|
|Connector:||USB side: Type A Female; RS-232 side: DB-9 Male|
|LEDs:||TX, RX, and Power|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.6 x 1.4 x 2.2 in (15 x 35 x 55 mm) (excluding cable)|
|Cable length:||3.3ft (1m)|
|Weight:||2.6 oz (73 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||32ºF to 95ºF (0ºC to 35ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
CONVERTER CONNECTOR PIN OUTS
USB Type A Connector (view from front)
DB-9 Male (view from front)
DB-9 / DB-25 CONVERSION TABLE (DTE)
|DB-9 Pin Assignment:||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9|
|DB-25 Pin Assignment:||8||3||2||20||7||6||4||5||22|
TROUBLESHOOTING INSTRUCTIONS FOR USB TO RS232 CONVERTER
1) Driver installation
Make sure that the USB-232-1 is connected to your USB port, and the driver is installed correctly (as shown above); otherwise, please reinstall the drivers.
2) Make sure the “Power” LED on USB-232-1 is lit up.
3) Loopback Test
- Connect pin 2 and 3 of the DB-9 connector (as shown above).
- Run 232Analyzer FREE version software on your computer.
- Select "ASCII" for both the Send and Receive data formats. Then send command and/or string such as "CommFront" from the 232Analyzer software. You should receive an echo of the command/string sent ("CommFront"). By performing a simple loopback test like this, you can test both the transmitter and receiver of the converter. This is very helpful when you are in doubt about the performance of your converter.
Screenshot: Send/receive commands from 232Analyzer software.
232Analyzer is an advanced RS232 Serial Protocol Analyzer software that allows you to control, monitor and analyze serial port (RS232 / RS485 / RS422 / TTL, etc.) activities. Not just the data, it also allows you to monitor or change RS-232's line states: RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, and RI.
The FREE version (no time limitation) can be downloaded from here.