The FBR-Ethernet-2 (MM / SC) is a multi-mode (MM), rugged, industrial-grade 10 / 100M Ethernet to fiber optic media converter, which provides one channel for media conversion between 10 / 100BaseTX and 100BaseFX. Besides the capability of long distance data transmission and the large carrying capacity, fiber lines are inherently resistant to EMI / RFI, lightning, transient surges and ground loops; therefore, they are ideal for data communications surrounded by heavy electrical or radio interference. This industrial Ethernet-to-Fiber-Optic converter operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV ESD static protection. It features auto-negotiation for half or full-duplex and 10 or 100Mbps data rates, and supports MDI (straight-through) and MDIX (crossover) cables, therefore, no DIP switch, jumper settings or software drivers are required, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. The FBR-Ethernet-2 (MM / SC) comes with SC connectors for fiber optic links and can extend the 10 / 100M Ethernet distance to 3 miles (5 km). Thanks to the professional and unique casing design, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel or DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail or wall-mount brackets. A separate external power supply is included in the package.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade 10 / 100M Ethernet to fiber optic converter.
- Converts 10 or 100M Ethernet to Optical Fiber Signals and vice versa.
- Transmits 10 / 100M Ethernet data over a long distance through fiber opitc cables (multi-mode: 3 miles or 5 km).
- External 9 to 30V DC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Direct DIN-Rail (Rack) or Wall / Panel mounting (stackable).
- Auto-negotiation of speed and duplex mode on TX port.
- Auto-MDIX on TX port.
- Store-and-forward mechanism.
- LED indications.
- Multi-mode with SC connectors.
- Supports a wide range of fiber optic cables.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-100005; SG-FCC-100002).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3 10Base-T; IEEE802.3u 100Base-TX and 100Base-FX|
|Power Source:||9 to 30V DC (External AC to DC power adapter included)|
|External AC/DC Power Adapter:||9V DC / 500mA (Input: 100~240V AC 50/60Hz, US type A plug)|
|Features:||Auto-negotiation for half / full-duplex and 10 / 100M on TX port; Auto-MDIX on TX port|
|Speed:||10BaseT: 10 / 20Mbps for half / full-duplex;
100BaseT: 100 / 200Mbps for half / full-duplex
|Output Power (Fiber):||Single-Mode: -8dBm(Min); -7dBm(Typical); -5dBm(Max)
Multi-Mode: -15dBm(Min); -10dBm(Typical); -8dBm(Max)
|Sensitivity (Fiber):||Single-Mode: -35dBm; Multi-Mode: -34dBm|
|FO Connector Type:||PC/UPC|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||
Single-mode: 8.3 / 125, 8.7 / 125, 9 / 125, 10 / 125µm
Multi-mode: 50 / 125, 62.5 / 125µm (supports OM1, OM2, OM3, and OM4)
|Distance (Ethernet):||10BaseT: Cat. 3, 4, 5 up to 328ft (100m);
100BaseT: Cat. 5 up to 328ft (100m)
|Distance (Fiber Lines):||Single-mode: 12.4 miles (20km);
Multi-mode: 3 miles (5 km)
|Connectors (Ethernet/Power):||RJ45 (Female) / Terminal Block (9-way)|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||2x ST, 2x SC or 2x FC Connector|
|Electro-Static Discharge (ESD):||Up to 15kV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||ST: 4.9 x 2.9 x 1.3 in (125 x 73 x 33 mm)
SC: 4.7 x 2.9 x 1.3 in (120 x 73 x 33 mm)
FC: 4.6 x 2.9 x 1.3 in (117 x 73 x 33 mm)
|Weight:||ST: 4.6 oz (130 g) / SC: 4.6 oz (129 g) / FC: 4.6 oz (129 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|