Free Serial-TCP (More than just a Device Server)
In the past two decades, legacy serial communication protocols such as Modbus have merged rapidly with modern TCP/IP communication, yielding benefits including widely available infrastructures and greater distance, reliability, and speed. The Serial-TCP program (more than just a Device Server) bridges your existing Serial COM port and TCP/IP without the need for changing existing protocol. It works seamlessly and transparently, just like passive RS232 / RS485 / RS422 converters, repeaters, and hubs, while the difference is that one requires installation of cables and converters with limited distance; and the other simply makes use of the existing computers and networks with an unlimited transmission distance
The applications of the Serial-TCP program include acting as a Device Server and/or Modbus RTU/ASCII to Modbus TCP Protocol Converter; extending serial (RS232, RS485, RS422, and TTL, etc.) communication distance via TCP/IP; replacing existing COM and TCP hardware devices; expanding the capability of your existing TCP/IP control software; and analyzing TCP/IP and COM network with the built-in IIoT "Packet Sender", "Ping", "Resolve IP Address / Host Name", "COM Port State LEDs", "Debugging" and "Checksum Calculator" tools. The Serial-TCP program is also very helpful when you are developing your own IIoT cloud and edge products and solutions. The Serial-TCP (more than just a Device Server) supports all major Windows OS, including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP, both 32 and 64 bits. The FREE non-commercial version has no functionality limitation or expiry date, so feel free to use or distribute it.
- Serial Device Server (supports both TCP and UDP)
- RS232/RS485/RS422/TTL Serial to Ethernet (TCP/IP) Converter
- RS232/RS485/RS422/TTL Serial Repeater, Splitter and Hub over Ethernet backbone (supports different COM port settings, such as baud rates)
- Modbus RTU/ASCII to Modbus TCP Protocol Converter
- IIoT Packet Sender
- Can be used to integrate with existing SCADA software
- Can be used to replace or integrate with existing COM hardware
- Can be used to replace or integrate with existing TCP hardware
- Can be used to develop IIoT cloud and edge products and solutions
- Two communication modes: Bridging and Debugging
- Debugging Mode: Send and receive data in all formats: Hexadecimal, Decimal, Octal, Binary, and ASCII
- Timestamps in Debugging mode
- Data Logging: All communications are logged and can be saved into .txt, .doc or .rtf file for future analysis
- Userful tools such as Checksum Calculator, Notation Converter, Ping and Resolve IP Address / Host Name Tool
- Checksum Calculator: Logic, Math and CRC, LRC checksum calculation
- Notation Converter: Convert data from one notation to another
- Flexible screen adjustment
- User preferences settings: Auto Save, Startup Actions, Exit Actions, etc.
FREE License: The software may be used for non-commercial purposes ONLY. Free license has no functionality limitation or expiry date.
The software may be installed on up to 5 computers within the same organization at the same physical location. License is freely transferrable from one computer to another.
The software may be installed on any number of computers within the same organization at the same physical location. License is freely transferrable from one computer to another.
The software may be installed on any number of computers within the same organization at any physical location. License is freely transferrable from one computer to another.