The FBR(M)-Serial-2 (MM / SC) is an advanced, multi-mode (MM), rugged, industrial-grade RS232 / RS422 / RS485 to fiber optic converter that supports asynchronous RS232 / RS422 / RS485 communications through multi-drop fiber optic links. The FBR(M)-Serial-2 supports up to 255 fiber nodes, and each fiber node can extend the RS232 / RS422 / RS485's distance to 3 miles (5km) for multi-mode converters and cables.
Depending on the site situation, the FBR(M)-Serial-2 can be configured as a daisy-chain or a self-healing / redundant ring fiber network. When configured as a ring fiber network, the built-in self-healing feature allows the data to be transmitted clockwise or counterclockwise; therefore, failure of any individual converter will not affect other devices located on the same fiber ring, making the entire data network more robust and reliable. The unit also features redundant power supplies and power alarm outputs for uninterrupted system performance and easy maintenance. The FBR(M)-Serial-2 runs on a light-speed fiber backbone inherently resistant to radio and electrical interference, such as EMI / RFI, lightning, transient surges and ground loops, and it overcomes the limitations of conventional point-to-point fiber network and dramatically expands the serial data network in terms of distance, flexibility, and reliability. The FBR(M)-Serial-2 (MM / SC) comes with SC connectors for fiber optic links, and it accepts a wide range of industrial DC input (from 12V to 48V DC). The product can be mounted directly on a DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail brackets or adapters.
- Industrial RS232 / RS485 / RS422 to multi-drop fiber optic converter.
- Daisy-chain or self-healing / redundant ring fiber network configurations.
- Extends serial data network uninterruptedly over extremely large areas.
- Designed for harsh industrial environments.
- Direct DIN-Rail mounting without using any unsecured brackets or adapters.
- Multi-mode with SC fiber optic connectors.
- Supports up to 255 fiber nodes.
- Supports up to 128 nodes of RS-485 / 422 devices per fiber node.
- Fiber link distance (multi-mode): 3 miles (5km) per fiber node.
- Full redundant power supply and fiber network.
- No software drivers required.
- Power loss alarm relay output.
- Built-in selectable 120-Ohm end-of-line terminator for RS485 / RS422 busses.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-FCC-140002; E8N140387592001).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C, RS-485, and RS-422 standards|
|Power Source:||12 to 48V DC|
|Consumption:||Less than 5W|
|Output Power (Fiber):||Single-Mode: -8dBm(Min); -7dBm(Typical); -5dBm(Max)
Multi-Mode: -15dBm(Min); -10dBm(Typical); -8dBm(Max)
|Sensitivity (Fiber):||Single-Mode: -35dBm; Multi-Mode: -34dBm|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Single-mode: 8.3 / 125, 8.7 / 125, 9 / 125, 10 / 125µm
Multi-mode: 50 / 125, 62.5 / 125µm
|Maximum Number of Nodes:||Fiber: 255 nodes; RS485 / RS422: 128 nodes|
|Serial Data Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)|
|Distance (Serial Port):||RS232: 16ft (5m); RS485 / RS422: 4000ft (1.2km)|
|Distance (Fiber Lines):||Multi-mode: 3 miles (5km) per fiber node;
Single-mode: 25 miles (40km) per fiber node
|Connectors (Serial Port):||7-way terminal block (1x RS-232, 1x RS-485, 1x RS-422)|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||4x ST Connector; 4x SC Connector; or 4x FC Connector|
|Connectors (Power):||6-way terminal block (1x V1 power, 1x V2 power, 1x Alarm)|
|Electro-Static Discharge (ESD):||Up to 15kV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||5.7 x 3.8 x 1.3 in (144 x 97 x 33 mm) - excluding connectors|
|Weight:||1 kb (460 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|