The FBR-Serial-2 (MM / FC) is a multi-mode (MM), rugged, industrial-grade, multi-function RS232 / RS422 / RS485 to fiber optic converter that supports asynchronous RS232 / RS422 / RS485 communications through point-to-point fiber optic links. The FBR-Serial-2 works in pair (point to point) and it runs on light-speed fiber backbone which inherently resistant to radio and electrical interference, such as EMI / RFI, lightning, transient surges, and ground loops. This industrial Serial-to-Fiber-Optic converter supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks and can be used to communicate with up to 128 nodes of RS485 / RS422 devices. It operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection, 15kV ESD static protection, and data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting. No DIP switch, jumper settings or software drivers are required for this device. The FBR-Serial-2 (MM/FC) fiber optic converter can extend the RS232 / RS422 / RS485 distance to 3 miles (5 km). Standards can be mixed and matched, so RS-232 devices can be connected to RS485 / RS422 devices, or RS485 (2-wire) devices can be connected to RS422 (4-wire) devices without using a converter and isolator. The FBR-Serial-2 (MM / FC) comes with FC connectors for fiber optic links, and, thanks to the professional and unique casing design, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel, rack or DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail or wall-mount brackets. A separate external power supply is included in the package.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade RS232 / RS485 / RS422 to fiber optic converter.
- Transmits serial data (RS232, RS485 or RS422) over long distances through fiber links (multi-mode: 3 miles or 5 km).
- Standards can be mixed and matched (same data type; one side RS232 and the other side RS485 or RS422; one side RS485 and the other side RS422, etc.).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Supports serial data rates from 300 to 115,200bps.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks (up to 128 nodes).
- Direct DIN-Rail (Rack) or Wall / Panel mounting (stackable).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable; data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround.
- No software drivers, DIP switch or jumper settings required.
- Multi-mode with FC connectors.
- Supports a wide range of fiber optic cables.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-100005; SG-FCC-100002).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C, RS-485, and RS-422 standards|
|Power Source:||9 to 30V DC (External AC to DC power adapter included)|
|External AC/DC Power Adapter:||9V DC / 500mA (Input: 100~240V AC 50/60Hz, US type A plug)|
|Consumption:||Less than 100mA|
|Output Power (Fiber):||Single-Mode: -8dBm(Min); -7dBm(Typical); -5dBm(Max)
Multi-Mode: -15dBm(Min); -10dBm(Typical); -8dBm(Max)
|Sensitivity (Fiber):||Single-Mode: -35dBm; Multi-Mode: -34dBm|
|FO Connector Type:||PC/UPC|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Single-mode: 8.3 / 125, 8.7 / 125, 9 / 125, 10 / 125µm
Multi-mode: 50 / 125, 62.5 / 125µm (supports OM1, OM2, OM3, and OM4)
|Maximum Number of Nodes:||RS485 / RS422: 128 nodes|
|Serial Data Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)|
|Distance (Serial Port):||RS232: 16ft (5m); RS485 / RS422: 4000ft (1.2km)|
|Distance (Fiber Lines):||
Single-mode: 25 miles (40km);
Multi-mode: 3 miles (5km)
|Connectors (Serial Port/Power):||Serial port/power: 10-way terminal block|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||2x ST Connector; 2x SC Connector; or 2x FC Connector|
|Electro-Static Discharge (ESD):||Up to 15kV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||5.0 x 3.6 x 0.9 in (127 x 73 x 33 mm)|
|Weight:||4.6 oz (130 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|