The CVT-485A-1 is another version of our popular CVT-485-1 model. It is a slim, rugged, industrial-grade, port-powered RS232 RS485 converter, which can be used to convert any standard RS232C port into a two-wire half-duplex RS485 port and vice versa. This industrial RS232 to RS485 converter supports multi-drop RS485 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 128 units of RS485 devices. The device is efficiently powered from the RS232 data line (less than 8mA of power consumption), and it supports data direction auto-turnaround, which automatically enables the RS485 transceiver when data is present on the RS232 side. Therefore, it requires no external power, software drivers or flow control. This slim RS232 to RS485 converter comes with a 5-way terminal block which can be attached to the converter securely without using screws and nuts, and the innovative 120-Ohm end-of-line terminator design makes the termination easier than ever before, thus making the unit an ideal solution for quick installation and space-restricted applications.
- Slim industrial port-powered RS232 to RS485 converter.
- Port-powered, no external power or RTS, DTR required.
- Very high power efficiency: Less than 8mA of power consumption.
- Designed for quick installation and space-restricted applications.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Converts RS232 to 2-wire RS485 and vice versa.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 networks (up to 128 nodes)
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control required.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C standard and RS-485 standard|
|Power Source:||Port power from RS232 data line|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 8mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||Depending on power from RS232 port, will transmit up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Maximum Number of drops:||128|
|Connector:||RS232 Side: DB-9 Female; RS485 Side: 5-Way Terminal Block|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 2.7 in (16 x 32 x 69 mm)|
|Weight:||1 oz (28 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|