The CVT-232A-4 is a high-speed (300 to 115,200bps), externally-powered, 3-wire RS232 isolator that can be used to protect your RS-232 devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning, and spikes. This industrial 3-wire RS232 isolator operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 5000V opto-isolation, 600W surge protection, and 15kV ESD static protection. The unit is powered from an external 5V DC regulated power supply (included), and it comes with the auto-sensing and self-adjusting features, which automatically adjust baud rate, parity, stop bit and other COM port parameters to the devices that it is connected to. Therefore, it requires no manual settings or software drivers, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device.
- Industrial high-speed 3-wire RS232 opto-isolator
- External 5V DC powered, no port power from the RS232 port is required.
- Supports high-speed serial data rates: 300 to 115,200 bps.
- 5000V optical isolation.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- No software drivers, DIP switch or jumper settings required.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C standard|
|Power Source:||5V DC regulated power supply (included)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 10mA|
|Optical Isolation:||5000Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing & self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-232: 16ft (5m)|
|Connector:||DB-9 female connector; DB-9 male connector with a 4-way terminal block|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 3.46 in (16 x 32 x 88 mm)|
|Weight:||1.34 oz (38 g) with termination board|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|