In the past two decades, legacy serial communication protocols such as Modbus have merged rapidly with modern TCP/IP communication, yielding benefits including widely available infrastructures and greater distance, reliability, and speed. The Serial-TCP program (more than just a Device Server) bridges your existing Serial COM port and TCP/IP without the need for changing existing protocol. It works seamlessly and transparently, just like passive RS232 / RS485 / RS422 converters, repeaters, and hubs, while the difference is that one requires installation of cables and converters with limited distance; and the other simply makes use of the existing computers and networks with an unlimited transmission distance.
The applications of the Serial-TCP program include acting as a Device Server and/or Modbus RTU/ASCII to Modbus TCP Protocol Converter; extending serial (RS232, RS485, RS422, and TTL, etc.) communication distance via TCP/IP; replacing existing COM and TCP hardware devices; expanding the capability of your existing COM and TCP/IP control software; and analyzing TCP/IP and COM network with the built-in IIoT "Packet Sender", "Ping", "Resolve IP Address / Host Name", "COM Port State LEDs", "Debugging" and "Checksum Calculator" tools. The Serial-TCP program is also very helpful when you are developing your own IIoT cloud and edge products and solutions. The Serial-TCP (more than just a Device Server) supports all major Windows OS, including Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP, both 32 and 64 bits.
Licensing Information: The Serial-TCP program is FREE for use for non-commercial purposes. If you intend to use it for commercial applications, please purchase a license below:
- Commercial Multi-License: $399.95 (the software may be installed on up to 5 computers within the same organization at the same physical location, e.g. a project site).
- Commercial Site-License: $794.95 (the software may be installed on any number of computers within the same organization at the same physical location, e.g. a project site).
- Commercial Distributed-License: $1,996.95 (the software may be installed on any number of computers at any physical locations for the same project, e.g. various sites for a project).
- Serial Device Server
- RS232/RS485/RS422/TTL Serial to Ethernet Converter
- Modbus RTU/ASCII to Modbus TCP Protocol Converter
- RS232/RS485/RS422/TTL Serial Repeater, Splitter and Hub over Ethernet backbone (supports different COM port settings, such as different baud rates)
- IIoT Packet Sender
- Can be used to integrate with existing SCADA software
- Can be used to replace or integrate with existing COM hardware and software
- Can be used to replace or integrate with existing TCP hardware and software
- Can be used to develop IIoT cloud and edge products and solutions
- Two communication modes: Bridging and Debugging
- Debugging Mode: Send and receive data in all formats: Hexadecimal, Decimal, Octal, Binary, and ASCII
- Timestamps in Debugging mode
- Data Logging: All communications are logged and can be saved into .txt, .doc or .rtf file for future analysis
- Userful tools such as Checksum Calculator, Notation Converter, Ping and Resolve IP Address / Host Name Tool
- Checksum Calculator: Logic, Math and CRC, LRC checksum calculation
- Notation Converter: Convert data from one notation to another
- Flexible screen adjustment
- User preferences settings: Auto Save, Startup Actions, Exit Actions, etc.
We Also Recommend