The USW-1206-FO (SM/SC) is a rugged, fan-less, industrial-grade, 6-port unmanaged 10/100M Ethernet switch and fiber optic media converter that supports daisy-chain and star fiber optic links. The USW-1206-FO supports up to 255 fiber nodes, and each fiber node can extend the 10/100M Ethernet’s distance to 25 miles (40km) for single-mode converters and cables, or 1.2 miles (2km) for multi-mode converters and cables. The unit features redundant power supplies and power failure alarm outputs for uninterrupted system performance and easy maintenance. The USW-1206-FO features 4 unmanaged 10/100M Ethernet ports and 2 full-duplex optical fiber ports and it runs on a light-speed fiber backbone inherently resistant to radio and electrical interference, such as EMI/RFI, transient surges and ground loops. It overcomes the limitations of a conventional point-to-point fiber network and dramatically expands the Ethernet network in terms of distance and flexibility. The USW-1206-FO is a plug and play unit featuring auto-negotiation for 10 or 100M data rates, it also supports MDI (straight-through) and MDI-X (auto-crossover), no DIP switch or jumper settings are required. The product can be mounted directly on a DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail brackets or adapters.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality Ethernet Switch products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade 10/100M Unmanaged Ethernet Switch and Fiber Optic Converter.
- Daisy-chain and start fiber network expands the Ethernet network dramatically.
- Designed for harsh industrial environments (DIN-Rail mounting).
- 4x RJ45 ports for 10/100M Ethernet (auto-negotiation).
- 2x full-duplex 100M Fiber Optic ports (ST, SC, or FC connectors).
- Supports up to 255 fiber nodes with ST, SC or FC fiber optic connectors.
- Plug and play, no DIP switch or jumper settings are required.
- Supports MDI and MDI-X auto-crossover.
- Full redundant power supply and power alarm relay output.
- Protects against ESD (15kV), overload current, reversed power polarity, and broadcast storm.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Compliance: CE, FCC.
- 5-Year manufacturer’s warranty.
|Part Number:||USW-1206-FO (SM/SC)
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3; IEEE802.3u; IEEE802.3x
|Power Source:||12 to 48 VDC (redundant dual inputs; power alarm relay output)|
|Ethernet Switch Type:||Unmanaged/Layer 2|
|Protection:||Up to 15kV ESD; Power overload; Reversed power polarity; Broadcast storm|
|FO Connector Type:||PC/UPC|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Single-mode: 8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125, 10/125µm;
Multi-mode: 50/125, 62.5/125µm
|Maximum Number of Fiber Nodes:||255|
|Distance (Fiber):||Single-mode: 25 miles (40km) per fiber node;
Multi-mode: 1.2 miles (2km) per fiber node
|Distance (Ethernet):||328ft (100m)|
|Connectors (Ethernet):||4x RJ45|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||4x ST, 4x SC, or 4x FC Connectors|
|Connectors (Power):||6-way terminal block (2x V1 power, 2x V2 power, 2x alarm)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||6.1x4.1x1.3 in (154x105x33 mm) – excluding FO connectors|
|Weight:||1 lb (450 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||5% to 95% RH (no condensation)|