The USB-Serial-3 is a rugged, industrial-grade, optically-isolated USB to RS232 / RS485 / RS422 converter, which can be used to convert any standard USB port into a three-wire RS-232 port, a two-wire RS-485 port, or a four-wire RS-422 / RS-485 port and vice versa. This industrial opto-isolated USB to RS232 / RS485 / RS422 converter uses the latest chipset from Silicon Labs and is fully compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2003 / 2000 (32-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista (64-bit), Win CE (5.0, 6.0), Mac OSX, and Linux (2.6x, 2.4.36). It supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 128 units of RS485 or RS422 devices; when working with RS-485 signals, the CommFront’s auto-turnaround feature eliminates the need for flow control. This USB to RS232 / RS485 / RS422 converter operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protect your USB devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. The device comes with a built-in selectable 120-Ohm terminator for system reliability and easy installation. The unit is powered from the USB port and it features data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting; therefore, no DIP switch or jumper settings are required. And thanks to the professional and unique casing design, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel or DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail or wall-mount brackets.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade opto-isolated USB to RS232 / RS485 / RS422 converter.
- Adds one RS-232, RS-485 or RS-422 port to your USB port.
- USB port-powered, no external power required.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks (up to 128 nodes).
- 2500V optical isolation.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Direct DIN-Rail (Rack) or Wall / Panel mounting.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no flow control is required.
- Built-in 120Ω end-of-line terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Supports Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2003 / 2000 (32-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-100004; SG-FCC-100001).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||USB 2.0 and EIA/TIA RS-232 / 485 / 422 standards|
|Power Source:||From USB port|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 200mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing & self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||USB: 10ft (3m); RS-232: 16ft (5m); RS-485 / 422: Depending on the power from USB port, will transmit up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Connectors:||USB: Type B male; RS-232 / 485 / 422: 10-Way Terminal Block|
|Accessories:||1x 5ft (1.6m) USB extension cord (Type B female to Type A female)|
|Maximum number of drops:||RS-232: 1; RS-485 / 422: 128|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||4.5 x 3.6 x 0.9 in (115 x 73 x 33 mm)|
|Weight:||4.2 oz (120 g) (with terminal block)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|