The CVT-485_422-4 is a high-speed (300 to 115,200bps), optically-isolated, externally-powered RS232 to RS485 converter / RS232 to RS422 converter, which can be used to convert any standard RS232C port into a two-wire half-duplex RS485 port or a four-wire full-duplex RS485 / RS422 port and vice versa. This industrial externally-powered opto-isolated RS232 to RS485 / RS422 converter supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 128 units of RS485 / RS422 devices. It operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection, 15kV ESD static protection and 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protect your RS232 devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. The unit is powered from an external 9 to 30VDC power supply, so you do not have to worry about the power ability of your RS232 device; it also supports data direction auto-turnaround, which automatically enables the RS485 transceiver when data is present on the RS232 side. Therefore, it requires no port power, software drivers, or DIP switch settings. The built-in 120-Ohm terminator can be turned ON or OFF through a simple jumper wire, thus making the unit an ideal solution for all types of installations. A separate external power supply is included in the package, and, thanks to the professional and unique casing design, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel or DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail or wall-mount brackets.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- High-speed rugged industrial-grade opto-isolated RS232 to RS485 / RS422 converter.
- Converts RS232 to 2-wire RS485, 4-wire RS485 or 4-wire RS422 and vice versa.
- External 9-30VDC powered (included), no port power from the RS232 port required.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- 2500V optical isolation.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks (up to 128 nodes).
- Direct DIN-Rail (Rack) or Wall / Panel mounting.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- RS-485 / RS-422 auto-detection, no manual setting is required.
- No software drivers, flow control, DIP switch or jumper settings required.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no flow control is required.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-100005; SG-FCC-100002).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232, RS-485 and RS-422 standards|
|Power Source:||9 to 30VDC (External AC to DC power adapter included)|
|External AC/DC Power Adapter:||9VDC / 500mA (Input: 100~240VAC 50/60Hz, US type A plug)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 30mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||1,200 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing & self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-232: 16ft (5m); RS-485/RS-422: up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Maximum No. of Nodes:||RS-485 / RS-422: 128 nodes|
|Connector:||1x DB-9 Female; 1x 10-way Terminal Block|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||4.7 x 3.6 x 0.9 in (120 x 73 x 33 mm)|
|Weight:||4.6 oz (130 g) (with terminal block)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|