The HUB-Serial-4 is a rugged, industrial-grade, optically-isolated RS-232/485/422 Hub / Splitter, which can be used to expand 3-wire RS-232 or 4-wire RS-485 / RS-422 networks by splitting one network into four (star wiring), in turn increasing the maximum number of nodes and the distance covered by an RS-232 / RS-485 / RS-422 network. This industrial opto-isolated RS-232/RS-485/RS-422 Hub / Splitter operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection, 15kV ESD static protection and 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protect your RS232 / RS485 / RS422 devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. The unit comes with options for RS485, RS422, or RS232 input, for easy installation. It was designed so that data coming from the input (RS-232, RS-485, or RS-422) will transmit to all four loops of networks. However, each loop of RS232 / RS485 / RS422 devices will transmit data back to the input only, thus reducing any possible interference between each loop of the RS-232 / RS-485 / RS-422 devices. Also, the failure of any individual loop will not affect other loops, making the RS-232 / RS-485 / RS-422 networks more robust and reliable. The unit supports data rates up to 115.2K Baud and features data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting; therefore, no DIP switch, jumper settings, software drivers or flow control is required. A separate external 5VDC power supply is included in the package, and the product can be mounted directly on a wall or panel.
- Industrial opto-isolated RS-232 and 4-wire RS-485/RS-422 hub/splitter.
- Expands 3-wire RS-232 or 4-wire RS-485/RS-422 networks by splitting one network into four, thus making star-wiring possible for RS-485/RS-422 networks.
- Supports multi-drop RS-485/RS-422 networks (up to 512 [4x 128] nodes).
- Multiple HUB-485-4 can be connected for expanding the RS-485/RS-422 networks.
- 2500V optical isolation.
- The failure of any individual loop will not affect the others, making the RS-485/RS-422 network more robust and reliable.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Wall / Panel mounting.
- External 5VDC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, steel housing.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control is required.
- No DIP switch or jumper settings needed.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection, and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- CE/FCC compliant.
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232 and RS-485/RS-422 standards|
|Power Source:||5VDC (External AC to DC power adapter included)|
|External AC/DC Power Adapter:||5VDC / 1A (Input: 100~240VAC 50/60Hz, US type A plug)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 400mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-232: 50ft (15m); RS-485/RS-422: up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Maximum Number of Nodes:||Input: 1; Output: 4x 128 nodes|
|Connector:||2x 10-way Terminal Block|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||9.5 x 3.6 x 1.1 in (241 x 92 x 28 mm)|
|Weight:||15.7 oz (445 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
RPT-232-3 (works in pair)