The HUB-485-4 is a rugged, industrial-grade, optically-isolated RS485 Hub / Splitter / Repeater, which can be used to expand RS-485 networks by splitting one RS-485 network into four (star wiring), in turn increasing the maximum number of nodes and the distance covered by an RS-485 network. This industrial opto-isolated RS485 Hub / Splitter operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection, 15kV ESD static protection and 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protect your RS232 / RS485 devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. The unit comes with options for RS485 or RS232 input, for easy installation. It was designed so that data coming from the input (RS232 or RS485) will transmit to all four loops of RS-485 networks. However, each loop of RS485 devices will transmit data back to the input only, thus reducing any possible interference between each loop of the RS485 devices. Also, the failure of any individual loop will not affect other loops, making the RS485 networks more robust and reliable. This RS485 Hub supports data rates up to 115.2K Baud and features data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting. Therefore, it requires no manual settings, software drivers or flow control, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. A separate external power supply is included in the package, and, thanks to the professional and unique casing design, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel or DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail or wall-mount brackets.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade opto-isolated RS485 hub / splitter
- Expands RS-485 networks by splitting one RS-485 network into four, thus making star-wiring possible for RS-485 networks.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 networks (up to 512 [4x 128] nodes).
- Multiple HUB-485-4 can be connected for expanding the RS485 system.
- 2500V optical isolation.
- The failure of any individual loop will not affect the others, making the RS-485 network more robust and reliable.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Direct DIN-Rail (Rack) or Wall / Panel mounting.
- External 9 to 30VDC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control is required.
- No DIP switch or jumper settings needed.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-100004; SG-FCC-100001).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232 and RS-485 standards|
|Power Source:||9 to 30VDC (External AC to DC power adapter included)|
|External AC/DC Power Adapter:||9VDC / 500mA (Input: 100~240VAC 50/60Hz, US type A plug)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 30mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-232: 50ft (15m); RS-485: up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Maximum Number of Nodes:||Input: 1; Output: 4x 128 nodes|
|Connector:||2x 10-way Terminal Block|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||4.9 x 3.6 x 0.9 in (125 x 73 x 33 mm)|
|Weight:||4.9 oz (140 g) (with terminal blocks)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
RPT-232-3 (works in pair)