The CVT-422-1 is a compact, rugged, industrial-grade, port-powered RS232 to RS422 converter / adapter that can be used to convert any standard RS232C port into a four-wire full-duplex RS485 / RS422 port and vice versa. This industrial RS232 to RS422 converter / adapter supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 128 units of RS422 devices. It operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV static protection. The unit is efficiently powered from the RS232 data line, and the full-duplex RS232 to full-duplex RS422 conversion eliminates the need of auto-turnaround feature. This industrial RS422 to RS232 converter / adapter also features data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting, which automatically adjust baud rate, parity, stop bit and other COM port parameters to the devices that it is connected to, therefore, it requires no external power, software drivers or flow control. The ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block, which was professionally designed for different requirements, comes with an optional 5V DC input and a selectable 120-Ohm terminator, thus making it an ideal solution for all types of installations.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade port-powered RS232 to RS422 / RS422 to RS232 converter / adapter.
- Port-powered, no external power or RTS, DTR required.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Converts RS232 to 4-wire RS485 or RS422 and vice versa.
- Supports multi-drop RS422 networks (up to 128 nodes).
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- No software drivers or flow control is required.
- ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block designed for different requirements.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Accepts external 5VDC regulated power if the port-power is insufficient.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C standard and RS-422 standard|
|Power Source:||Port power from RS232 data line|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 10mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||Depending on power from RS232 port, will transmit up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Maximum Number of drops:||128|
|Connector:||RS232 Side: DB-9 Female; RS422 Side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board: DB-9 Female and a 6-Way Terminal Block|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 3.5 in (16 x 32 x 90 mm)|
|Weight:||1.34 oz (38 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
We Also Recommend