The CVT-485-1 is a compact, rugged, industrial-grade, port-powered RS232 to RS485 converter / adapter that can be used to convert any standard RS-232C port into a two-wire half-duplex RS485 port and vice versa. This industrial RS232 to RS485 converter / adapter supports multi-drop RS485 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 128 units of RS485 devices. It operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV static protection. This RS485 to RS232 converter / adapter is efficiently powered from the RS232 data line and it supports data direction auto-turnaround, which automatically enables the RS485 transceiver when data is present on the RS232 side. Therefore, it requires no external power, software drivers, or flow control. The ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block, which was professionally designed for different requirements, comes with an optional 5V DC input and a selectable 120-Ohm terminator, thus making it an ideal solution for all types of installations.
- Industrial port-powered RS232 to RS485 / RS485 to RS232 converter / adapter.
- Port-powered, no external power or RTS, DTR required.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Converts RS232 to 2-wire RS485 and vice versa.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 networks (up to 128 nodes)
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Temperature range: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control required.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Accepts external 5VDC regulated power if the port-power is insufficient.
- ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block designed for different requirements.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C standard and RS-485 standard|
|Power Source:||Port power from RS232 data line|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 10mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||Depending on power from RS232 port, will transmit up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Maximum Number of drops:||128|
|Connector:||RS232 Side: DB-9 Female; RS485 Side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board: DB-9 Female and a 4-Way Terminal Block|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 3.4 in (16 x 32 x 86 mm)|
|Weight:||1.27 oz (36 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|