The USB-232H-3 is a rugged, industrial-grade USB 2.0 to 4-port RS232 hub that can be used to expand one USB 2.0 port into four RS-232 ports. This USB to 4-port RS232 hub supports USB data rates up to 480Mbps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting) and it features 15kV ESD protection and plug and play (hot-pluggable). The unit uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2012 / Server2008 (64-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit), and Win CE, Mac, and Linux. This industrial USB / RS232 hub is efficiently powered from the USB bus and it requires no external power. And thanks to the professional casing design and mounting brackets, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel, or DIN rail, making it an ideal solution for all types of USB expansion applications. Note: The latest drivers (chipset FT4232) are available at: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
- Industrial USB to 4-port RS232 hub enclosed in a rugged steel housing.
- Expands one USB 2.0 port into four RS-232 ports.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable).
- DIN-Rail or wall / panel mounting.
- USB bus powered, no external power required.
- External 5VDC power adapter included (for low-power-capacity USB ports).
- USB 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps) and Full Speed (12Mbps) compatible.
- Supports serial data rates up to 12Mbps.
- Supports Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2012 / Server2008 (64-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit), and Win CE, Mac, and Linux.
- No extra I/O and IRQ required.
- 2K-byte FIFO and hardware/software flow control support.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 167ºF (-40ºC to 75ºC).
- Built-in 15kV ESD protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Report no. 10051567001; 10051568001).
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
|Part Number:||USB-232H-3 (DIN-Rail/Wall Mount)|
|Compatibility:||USB 2.0 (backward compatible)|
|Power Source:||USB bus power; External 5VDC / 3A power adapter (included)|
|Power Consumption:||0.5W (typical), 1W (max.)|
|Data Rates:||USB: Up to 480Mbps; Serial: Up to 12Mbps|
|Distance:||USB: 16ft (5m)|
|Connectors:||USB: 1x Type B Female; RS-232: 4x DB9 Male|
|RS-232 Signals:||TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, GND|
|Accessories:||1x 6ft (1.8m) USB extension cord (Type A male to Type B male)|
|Static Protection (ESD):||Up to 15kV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||7.8 x 3.3 x 1 in (200 x 84 x 25 mm) (excluding brackets)|
|Weight:||14.6 oz (413 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 167ºF (-40ºC to 75ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||5~95% RH (no condensation)|