The MSW-1208-FO (MM/ST) is a rugged, fanless, industrial-grade, layer 2, 8-port, managed 10/100M Ethernet switch and fiber optic media converter that supports daisy-chain or redundant-ring network topology. The MSW-1208-FO supports up to 255 fiber nodes, and each fiber node can extend the 10/100M Ethernet’s distance to 25 miles (40km) for single-mode converters and cables, or 1.2 miles (2km) for multi-mode converters and cables. Depending on the site situation, the MSW-1208-FO can be configured as a daisy-chain or a self-healing/redundant-ring network. When configured as a ring network, the built-in self-healing feature allows data to be transmitted clockwise or counterclockwise. Therefore, failure of any individual converter will not affect other devices located on the same ring, making the entire data network more robust and reliable. The unit also features redundant power supplies and power alarm outputs for uninterrupted system performance and easy maintenance. The MSW-1208-FO runs on a light-speed fiber backbone inherently resistant to radio and electrical interference, such as EMI/RFI, transient surges and ground loops. It overcomes the limitations of a conventional point-to-point fiber network and dramatically expands the Ethernet data network in terms of distance, flexibility, and reliability. The MSW-1208-FO (MM/ST) comes with ST connectors for fiber optic links, and it accepts a wide range of industrial DC input (from 12V to 48V DC). The product can be mounted directly on a DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail brackets or adapters.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality Ethernet Switch products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade 10/100M Managed Ethernet Switch and Fiber Optic Converter.
- Daisy-chain or self-healing/redundant-ring network (recovery time < 15ms).
- Managed 10/100M Ethernet switch (layer 2) with 6 nos. of RJ45 Ethernet ports and 2 nos. of full-duplex Fiber Optic ports.
- Designed for harsh industrial environments (DIN-Rail mounting).
- Supports VLAN, QoS, STP/RSTP, IGMP, GMRP, SNMP, and Port Mirroring.
- Manageable via Console, SNMP, and Web.
- Supports MDI and MDI-X auto-crossover.
- Supports up to 255 fiber nodes with ST, SC or FC fiber optic connectors.
- Full redundant power supply and power alarm relay output.
- Protects against ESD (15kV), overload current, reversed power polarity, and broadcast storm.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Compliance: CE, FCC.
- 5-Year manufacturer’s warranty.
|Part Number:||MSW-1208-FO (MM/ST)
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3; IEEE802.3u; IEEE802.3x; IEEE802.1ab; IEEE802.1d; IEEE802.1w; IEEE802.1q; IEEE802.1p; IEEE802.1x
|Power Source:||12 to 48 VDC/Less than 8W|
|Ethernet Switch Type:||Managed/Layer 2 (switching delay<5us, ring recovery time<15ms)|
VLAN, QoS, STP/RSTP, IGMP, GMRP, SNMP, Port Mirroring
|Protection:||15kV ESD; Power overload; Reversed power polarity; Broadcast storm|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Single-mode: 8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125, 10/125µm;
Multi-mode: 50/125, 62.5/125µm
|Maximum Number of Fiber Nodes:||255|
|Distance (Fiber):||Single-mode: 25 miles (40km) per fiber node;
Multi-mode: 1.2 miles (2km) per fiber node
|Distance (Ethernet):||328ft (100m)|
|Connectors (Ethernet):||6x RJ45|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||4x ST Connectors|
|Connectors (Console - RS232):||1x RJ45|
|Connectors (Power):||6-way terminal block (2x V1 power, 2x V2 power, 2x Alarm)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||6.1 x 4.7 x 2.1 in (154 x 120 x 53 mm) - excluding fiber optic connectors|
|Weight:||1.5 lb (700 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||5% to 95% RH (no condensation)|