The SPD-485-1 is a passive, rugged, industrial-grade, 2-wire RS485 surge protector that can be used to limit the voltage surges and spikes introduced to the RS485 data lines. This industrial RS485 surge protector features 3-stage surge protection – Gas Discharge Tubes (GDT), protection resistors, and Transient Voltage Suppressors (TVS) - for maximum protection. The SPD-485-1 is designed to connect in series to the input of the protected equipment; when a high-voltage surge is introduced into the input, the GDT conducts electric current after becoming ionized, which in turn discharges the high-voltage surge to the earth ground. The excessive voltage will be further clamped to a safe range that the equipment can accept by the TVS. This industrial 2-wire RS485 surge protector features passive circuitry designs and thus requires no external power; it supports data rates up to 10Mbps and can be used for protecting RS485, telephone, facsimile, and other communication equipment. This product comes with a dedicated cable lug for solid earth ground connections and can be mounted directly onto a standard 35mm DIN rail, making it an ideal solution for heavy-duty industrial applications.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade 2-wire RS485 surge protector (passive).
- Protects RS-485, telephone, facsimile and other communication lines.
- 3-stage surge protection.
- 3-way self-clamping terminal blocks for data lines and the shield wire.
- Dedicated cable lug for solid earth ground connections.
- Passive circuitry, no power is required.
- Supports data rates up to 10Mbps.
- Direct DIN-Rail mounting.
- Operating temperature: -40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C).
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Test Standards: IEC61643-21 / EN61643-21.
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-485 standard|
|Protection:||3-stage surge protection (Gas Discharge Tubes, Protection Resistors, and Transient Voltage Suppressors)|
|Power Source:||Passive device, no power required|
|Clamping Voltage (stage 1):||30 V|
|Series Resistance (stage 2):||2.2 Ohms|
|Clamping Voltage (stage 3):||6 V|
|Insertion Loss (10MHz):||≤0.5dB|
|Data Rates:||Up to 10Mbps|
|Cable Lug for Earth Ground:||Dedicated cable lug for earth ground connection (cable size: up to 12AWG / 3.3mm2)|
|Terminal Blocks:||3-way self-clamping terminal blocks (wire gauge: 16-26AWG)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||3.0 x 1.9 x 1.0 in (75 x 49 x 25 mm)|
|Mounting:||Direct 35mm DIN-rail mounting|
|Weight:||3.0 oz (84 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40°F to 185°F (-40°C to 85°C)|
|Operating Humidity:||5~95% RH (no condensation)|
We Also Recommend