The USB-485-1 is a port-powered, bi-directional, integrated USB to RS485 adapter / converter that can be used to convert any standard full-duplex USB port into a two-wire balanced half-duplex RS485 port and vice versa. The unit can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 256 units of RS485 devices and it comes with a built-in selectable 120-Ohm terminator for system reliability and easy installation (see Application Note). This USB to RS485 adapter / converter is powered from the USB port and it supports data auto-sensing & self-adjusting, therefore, no baud rate setting is required. And with the data direction auto-turnaround technology, no external power or flow control is required for RS485 communications. The USB to RS485 adapter / converter uses the latest FTDI chipset and is fully compatible with Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 / 2000 / 98 (32-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, Linux and Raspberry Pi.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- USB to 2-wire RS485 adapter / converter.
- Adds one RS-485 port to your USB port.
- Communicate with one loop of up to 256 units of RS485 devices.
- 300 to 3M Baud operation (auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Built-in selectable 120Ω end-of-line terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 15kV ESD static and circuit protection.
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no flow control is required.
- Supports Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 / 2000 / 98 (32-bit), Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / Server2008 / Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac, Linux, and Raspberry Pi.
- Supports remote wakeup and power management.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Port-powered, no external power required.
- No IRQs required, no IRQ conflicts.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by world-class lab SGS / TUV (Cert No. E1/2013/90010C; E1/2013/90011C).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||USB 2.0 (backward compatible) and EIA/TIA RS-485 standards|
|Power Source:||From USB port|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 60mA|
|Cable length:||3.3 ft (1 m)|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 3M bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distances:||USB side: 10ft (3m); RS-485 side: Depending on the power from USB port, will transmit up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Connectors:||USB Side: Type A Male; RS-485 Side: DB-9 Male / 5-Way Terminal Block|
|Maximum number of drops:||256|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (Built-in, selectable)|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.8 x 1.3 x 3.6 in (20 x 32 x 92mm) (excluding cable)|
|Weight:||3.8 oz (108 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||32ºF to 104ºF (0ºC to 40ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|