The CVT-485_422-3(25) is a 25-pin version, industrial-grade, optically-isolated, port-powered RS232 to RS485 / RS232 to RS422 converter, which can be used to convert any standard 25-pin RS232C port into a two-wire half-duplex RS485 port or a four-wire full-duplex RS485 / RS422 port and vice versa. This industrial opto-isolated RS232 to RS485 / RS232 to RS422 converter supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 64 units of RS485 / RS422 devices. It operates within a wide temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protect your RS232 devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. The unit is efficiently powered from the RS232 data line, and it supports data direction auto-turnaround, which automatically enables the RS485 transceiver when data is present on the RS232 side. Therefore, it requires no external power, software drivers or flow control. The ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block, which was professionally designed for different requirements such as selectable 120-Ohm terminator, makes the unit an ideal solution for all types of installations.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- 25-pin rugged industrial-grade port-powered opto-isolated RS232 to RS485 / RS422 converter.
- Port-powered, no external power or RTS, DTR required.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- 2500V optical isolation effectively protects your RS232 devices from ground loops, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes.
- Converts 25-pin RS232 to 2-wire RS485 or 4-wire RS485 / RS422 and vice versa.
- Supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks (up to 64 nodes).
- 1.2K to 38.4K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control is required.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in surge protection (600W), static protection (15kV), and circuit protection.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Accepts external 5VDC regulated power if the port-power is insufficient.
- ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block designed for different requirements.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C standard and RS-485 / RS-422 standard|
|Power Source:||Port power from RS232 data line|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 10mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||1,200 to 38,400bps (auto-sensing & self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-232 side: 16 ft (5m); RS-485 / RS-422 side: Depending on power from RS232 port, will transmit up to 4000 ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Maximum Number of drops:||64|
|Connector:||RS232 Side: DB-25 Female; RS485 / RS422 Side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board: DB-9 Female and a 6-Way Terminal Block|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 2.1 x 3.5 in (16 x 54 x 90 mm) (with termination board)|
|Weight:||1.6 oz (46 g) (with termination board)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|