The TTL-485_422-2 is a compact, rugged, industrial-grade, bi-directional RS485 / RS422 to TTL converter, which can be used to convert 2-wire RS485 or 4-wire RS485 / RS422 to 5VDC TTL-compatible levels and vice versa. It is also ideal for extending the full-duplex unbalanced TTL distance. This industrial RS485 / RS422 to TTL converter supports multi-drop RS485 / RS422 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 64 units of RS485 / RS422 devices. It operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV static protection. The unit is powered from an external 5VDC regulated power supply (included); and it supports data direction auto-turnaround, which automatically enables the RS485 transceiver when data is present on the TTL side. Therefore, it requires no software drivers or flow control, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. The built-in 120-Ohm terminator (for system reliability and easy installation) can be turned ON or OFF through a simple jumper setting, thus making the unit an ideal solution for all types of installations.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade RS485 / RS422 to TTL converter / TTL repeater.
- Converts 2-wire RS485 or 4-wire RS422 to 5V TTL and vice versa.
- Ideal for extending the full-duplex unbalanced TTL distance (up to 4000ft/1.2km).
- External 5VDC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Plug and play (Hot-pluggable; Data format Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no software drivers or flow control is required.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-485 standard and TTL level|
|Power Source:||+5VDC (±5%) Regulated Power Supply (included)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 30mA|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (Auto-sensing & Self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS485 / RS422 side: Up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps; TTL side: 10ft (3m)|
|Connector:||TTL Side: DB-9 Male; RS-485 / 422 Side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board (TTL): DB-9 Female and a 3-way Terminal Block; Termination Board (RS-485/422): DB-9 Female and a 6-Way Terminal Block|
|Maximum Number of drops:||64|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 4.6 in (16 x 32 x 118 mm) (with Termination Boards)|
|Weight:||1.8 oz (51 g) (with Termination Boards)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|