The CVT-422-3 is a compact, rugged, industrial-grade, optically-isolated, port-powered RS232 to RS422 converter, which can be used to convert any standard RS232C port into a four-wire full-duplex RS485 / RS422 port and vice versa. This industrial isolated RS232 to RS422 converter supports multi-drop RS422 networks and can be used to communicate with one loop of up to 64 units of RS422 devices. It operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protect your RS232 devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. This RS232 to RS422 converter is efficiently powered from the RS232 data line, and it requires no external power, software drivers or flow control. The ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block, which was professionally designed for different requirements such as selectable 120-Ohm terminator, makes the unit an ideal solution for all types of installations.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade port-powered opto-isolated RS232 to RS422 converter.
- Converts RS232 to 4-wire RS422 and vice versa.
- Port-powered, no external power or RTS, DTR required.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- 2500V optical isolation.
- Supports multi-drop RS422 networks (up to 64 nodes).
- 1200 to 38.4K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Accepts external 5VDC regulated power if the port-power is insufficient.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no flow control is required.
- ALL-IN-ONE rugged terminal block designed for different requirements.
- Built-in selectable 120Ω terminator for system reliability and easy installation.
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C standard and RS-485 / RS-422 standard|
|Power Source:||Port power from RS232 data line|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 10mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||1,200 to 38,400bps (auto-sensing & self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-232 side: 16 ft (5m); RS-422 side: Depending on power from RS232 port, will transmit up to 4000 ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Connector:||RS232 Side: DB-9 Female; RS422 Side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board: DB-9 Female and a 6-Way Terminal Block|
|Maximum number of drops:||64|
|End of Line Terminator:||120Ω (built-in, selectable)|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 3.5 in (16 x 32 x 90 mm)|
|Weight:||1.4 oz (40 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
We Also Recommend