The RPT-232-3 is a compact, rugged, industrial-grade, optically-isolated, port-powered RS232 Repeater / RS232 Extender (TX, RX, and GND), which works in pair to extend the full-duplex RS-232 distance up to 1.8 miles (3 km). This RS232 repeater / extender features 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protect your RS-232 devices from ground loops, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. Therefore, it provides an ideal solution for extending, protecting and isolating RS232 devices that are connected together and surrounded by ground loops, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. This industrial opto-isolated RS232 repeater / extender operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), and features 600W surge protection and 15kV static protection. The unit is efficiently powered from the RS-232 data line, and it features data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting, which automatically adjust baud rate, parity, stop bit and other COM port parameters to the devices that it is connected to, therefore, it requires no external power, software drivers, or jumper settings.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade port-powered opto-isolated RS232 repeater / extender.
- Extend full-duplex RS-232 data over long distance.
- Port-powered, no external power or RTS, DTR required.
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- 2500V optical isolation.
- 300 to 28.8K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Current loop circuit provides better noise immunization.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- No drivers needed. No DIP switch or jumper settings.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-090012).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-232C standard|
|Power Source:||Port power from RS232 data line|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 10mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 28,800bps (auto-sensing & self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-232: 16ft (5m); Extended Distance: 1.8 miles (3km) for 300bps baud, 1.5 miles (2.4km) for 1.2kbps baud, 0.75 miles (1.2km) for 9.6kbps baud, and 1600ft (500m) for 28.8kbps baud|
|Connector:||RS-232 Side: DB-9 Female; Terminal Block Side: DB-9 Male; Termination Board: DB-9 Female and a 4-Way Terminal Block|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||0.63 x 1.3 x 3.4 in (16 x 32 x 86 mm) (with termination board)|
|Weight:||0.83 oz (23.5 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
We Also Recommend