The RPT-485_422-4 is a rugged, industrial-grade, optically-isolated RS485 / RS422 isolator / repeater / converter, which can be used to isolate one group of RS485 / RS422 equipment from another, or to extend the RS485 or RS422 distance to up to 4000 ft (1.2km); it can also can be used to convert a two-wire RS485 signal into a four-wire RS422 signal, and vice versa. This industrial opto-isolated RS485 / RS422 converter / repeater / isolator operates within a temperature range of -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC), features 600W surge protection, 15kV ESD static protection and 2500V opto-isolation circuitry, which effectively protects your RS485 / RS422 devices from ground loop, noise problems, transient surges, remote lightning and spikes. The unit supports data rates up to 115.2K Baud, and features data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting, which automatically adjust baud rate, parity, stop bit and other COM port parameters to the devices that it is connected to. Therefore, it requires no DIP switch / jumper settings, software drivers or flow control, making the unit a highly reliable and truly plug-and-play device. A separate external power supply is included in the package, and, thanks to the professional and unique casing design, the product can be mounted directly on a wall, panel or DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail or wall-mount brackets.
- Industrial RS485 / RS422 isolator / repeater / converter.
- Isolates one group of RS485 / RS422 equipment from another.
- Converts 2-wire RS485 to 4-wire RS422 and vice versa.
- Extends RS485 or RS422's distance.
- 2500V optical isolation.
- 300 to 115.2K Baud operation (auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- RS-485 / RS-422 auto-detection, no software drivers or manual setting is required.
- External 9-30VDC powered (included).
- Industrial grade enclosed in a rugged, rustless ABS housing.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing & self-adjusting).
- Data direction auto-turnaround, no flow control is required.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Built-in 600W surge protection, 15kV static protection and circuit protection.
- Direct DIN-Rail (Rack) or Wall / Panel mounting.
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Safety: Strictly certified by TUV (Cert No. SG-CE-100004; SG-FCC-100001).
- 5-year manufacturer's warranty.
|Compatibility:||EIA/TIA RS-485 and RS-422 standards|
|Power Source:||9 to 30VDC (External AC to DC power adapter included)|
|External AC/DC Power Adapter:||9VDC / 500mA (Input: 100~240VAC 50 / 60Hz, US type A plug)|
|Current Consumption:||Less than 30mA|
|Optical Isolation:||2500Vrms (AC, 1 min)|
|Baud Rates:||300 to 115,200bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)|
|Distance:||RS-485 / RS-422: up to 4000ft (1.2km) at 19,200bps|
|Connectors:||2x 10-way Terminal Block|
|Static protection (ESD):||Up to 15KV|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||4.9 x 3.6 x 0.9 in (125 x 73 x 33 mm)|
|Weight:||4.5 oz (128 g) (with terminal block)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||Up to 90% RH (no condensation)|
RPT-232-3 (works in pair)