The MSW-1208-FO (SM/ST) is a rugged, fan-less, industrial-grade, layer 2, managed 10/100M Ethernet switch that supports star, daisy-chain or redundant-ring network topology. The MSW-1208-FO equips with 6 Fast Ethernet ports and 2 fiber ports, and it features rich layer 2 managed functions such as VLAN, QoS, IGMP Snooping, LLDP, Fast Ring, RSTP, Port Trunking, Port Mirroring, SNMP, IP Address Access Control, and Port Authentication, etc. All configurations and settings can be done through the built-in user-friendly web management interface. The unit can be configured as a self-healing redundant-ring network with a fast recovery time of 15ms, and it also features redundant 12 to 48 VDC power inputs, as well as relay alarm output for instant system malfunction notification, making it an ideal solution for uninterrupted, mission-critical industrial applications. The MSW-1208-FO (SM/ST) supports flexible network topology, including daisy-chain and redundant-ring fiber links, and each fiber node can extend the 10/100M Ethernet’s distance to 25 miles (40km) for single-mode converters and cables. The MSW-1208-FO runs on a light-speed fiber backbone inherently resistant to radio and electrical interference, such as EMI/RFI, transient surges, and ground loops. It overcomes the limitations of a conventional point-to-point fiber network and dramatically expands the Ethernet data network in terms of distance, flexibility, and reliability.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality Ethernet Switch products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Managed 10/100M Ethernet switch (layer 2) with 6 nos. of RJ45 Ethernet ports and 2 nos. of full-duplex Fiber Optic ports.
- Star, daisy-chain or self-healing redundant-ring network.
- Designed for harsh industrial environments (DIN-Rail mounting).
- Segmentation reserves bandwidth for mission-critical applications and prevents congestion caused by different systems and devices.
- Redundant Fast-Ring network with a fast recovery time of 15ms.
- Redundant 12 to 48 VDC power inputs for uninterrupted operation.
- Supports VLAN, QoS, Fast Ring, RSTP, Port Trunking, IGMP, SNMP, and Port Mirroring.
- Manageable via Console, Web, and SNMP.
- Supports MDI and MDI-X auto-crossover.
- ST, SC or FC fiber optic connectors.
- Relay alarm output for instant network malfunction notification.
- IP30 casing protects the device from industrial debris.
- Protects against ESD (15kV), overload current, reversed power polarity, and broadcast storm.
- Ensured safety with the safety grounding (earth) screw.
- Enhanced MTBF (300,000 hours) for uninterrupted industrial applications.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Compliance: CE, FCC.
- 5-Year manufacturer’s warranty.
|Part Number:||MSW-1208-FO (SM/ST)
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3, IEEE802.3u, IEEE802.3x, IEEE802.1ab, IEEE802.1d, IEEE802.1w, IEEE802.1q, IEEE802.1p, IEEE802.1x
|Power Source:||12 to 48 VDC/Less than 8W (redundant dual inputs, relay alarm output)|
|Ethernet Switch Type:||Managed Layer 2 (switching delay<5us, ring recovery time<15ms)|
VLAN, QoS, Fast Ring, RSTP, Port Trunking, IGMP, SNMP (v1/v2c), Port Mirroring
|Protection:||15kV ESD; Power overload; Reversed power polarity; Broadcast storm|
|FO Connector Type:||PC/UPC|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Single-mode: 8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125, 10/125µm;
Multi-mode: 50/125, 62.5/125µm
|Distance (Fiber):||Single-mode: 25 miles (40km) per fiber node;
Multi-mode: 1.2 miles (2km) per fiber node
|Distance (Ethernet):||328ft (100m)|
|Connectors (Ethernet):||6x RJ45|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||4x ST Connectors|
|Connectors (Console - RS232):||1x RJ45|
|Connectors (Power):||6-way terminal block (2x V1 power, 2x V2 power, 2x Alarm)|
|Earth Grounding:||1x Safety grounding (earth) screw|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||6.1 x 4.7 x 2.1 in (154 x 120 x 53 mm) - excluding fiber optic connectors|
|Weight:||1.5 lb (700 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||5% to 95% RH (non-condensing)|