The USW-2203 (SFP) is a rugged, fanless, industrial-grade, unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch to fiber optic media converter that provides one channel for media conversion between 10/100/1000M Ethernet and 1000M fiber optic links. The USW-2203 (SFP) works in pair (point to point) and it runs on a light-speed fiber backbone inherently resistant to radio and electrical interference, such as EMI/RFI, transient surges, and ground loops. Depending on the fiber cable and the type of SFP module used, a single-mode media converter can extend the 10/100/1000M Ethernet’s distance to 12.4/25/37/50/62/75 miles (or 20/40/60/80/100/120 km), while a multi-mode media converter can extend the 10/100/1000M Ethernet’s distance to 0.3 miles (0.55 km). The USW-2203 (SFP) is a plug and play unit featuring auto-negotiation for 10, 100 or 1000M data rates, it also supports MDI (straight-through) and MDI-X (auto-crossover), no DIP switch or jumper settings are required. The product can be mounted directly on a DIN Rail, without a need of using any unsecured DIN-Rail brackets or adapters.
CommFront's products quality is ensured by our ISO-9001 quality control system (Cert No. SG12/04213, strictly certified by SGS), and we back our high-quality products with a 5-year replacement warranty and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- Rugged industrial-grade Unmanaged Gigabit Ethernet switch to fiber optic media converter.
- Designed for harsh industrial environments (DIN-Rail mounting).
- Transmit 10/100/1000M Ethernet data over long distance through fiber optic links (single-mode: 12.4/25/37/50/62/75 miles or 20/40/60/80/100/120 km; multi-mode: 0.3 miles or 550 m).
- 2x Gigabit RJ45 ports for 10/100/1000M Ethernet (auto-negotiation).
- 1x Gigabit SFP port (Note: SFP module to be ordered separately).
- Plug and play, no DIP switch or jumper settings are required.
- Supports Auto-Negotiation, MDI and MDI-X auto-crossover.
- Protects against overload current and reversed power polarity.
- Protects against broadcast storm.
- Operating temperature: -40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC).
- Surface Mount Technology manufactured to RoHS and ISO-9001 standards.
- Compliance: CE, FCC.
- 5-Year manufacturer’s warranty.
|Part Number:||USW-2203 (SFP)
|Compatibility:||IEEE802.3; IEEE802.3u; IEEE802.3x; IEEE802.3ab; IEEE802.3z
|Power Source:||12 to 48 VDC/Less than 3.5W|
|Ethernet Switch Type:||Unmanaged/Layer 2 (switching delay<5us)|
|Protection:||Broadcast storm; Overload current; Reversed power polarity|
|Wavelength:||850nm (Multi-Mode); 1310nm (Single-Mode); 1550 (Single-Mode)|
|Usable Fiber Optic Cables:||Single-mode: 8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125, 10/125µm;
Multi-mode: 50/125, 62.5/125µm
|Maximum Number of Fiber Nodes:||255|
|Distance (Fiber):||Single-mode: 12.4/25/37/50/62/75 miles (20/40/60/80/100/120 km); Multi-mode: 0.3 miles (550 m)|
|Distance (Ethernet):||328ft (100m)|
|Connectors (Ethernet):||2x RJ45|
|Connectors (Fiber Links):||1x SFP|
|Connectors (Power):||2-way terminal block|
|Dimensions (H x W x D):||5.1x4.1x1.7 in (129x104x43 mm)|
|Weight:||0.9 lb (424 g)|
|Operating Temperature:||-40ºF to 185ºF (-40ºC to 85ºC)|
|Operating Humidity:||5% to 95% RH (no condensation)|